\n BUSINESS SEGMENT:
Capital - Treasury
******This\nis an exciting and unique opportunity for an undergraduate student to\nspend 10 to 12 weeks providing varied assistance to
\n our GE Treasury Team***
- Must be available to\nwork 40 hours per week between May to August.
GE\nTreasury team is responsible for global funding, cash & foreign\nexchange management, and other treasury services for all of GE's\nworldwide operations. Almost all of GE's debt is issued through\nGE Capital to support its financial services businesses. We fund\nourselves through the issuance of long term debt, commercial paper,\nCDs & bank deposits, and other debt products as well.
\n IMAGINATION AT WORK…
- \n GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- \n GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the\nprofessional advantages of an environment that supports your\ndevelopment & recognizes your achievements.
- \n GE offers an inclusive environment where employees have the\nopportunity to succeed and diversity is embraced as a competitive\nadvantage in the marketplace.
- The\npassion that our people bring to their work extends to their private\nworlds, and GE encourages a healthy balance between the two. \n
- GE values education and is dedicate to\nproviding the tools and training for your professional development. \n
POSTED POSITION TITLE:
Intern - GE Treasury\nCompliance
U.S. STATE, CHINA\nOR CANADA PROVINCES:
\n POSTAL CODE:
\n ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE:
This is a unique opportunity for an\nundergraduate student to spend 10 to 12 supporting Corporate Treasury\nand Capital Markets Compliance teams on tracking progress with the\ncompliance plan, compliance training, maintaining policy and\nprocedures inventories, and other legal and regulatory compliance\ninitiatives.
- \n Follow up with employees and conduct weekly tracking on the status of\nprogress on Treasury's annual Compliance Plan. Maintain and\nenhance the current tracking dashboard.
- \n Review Compliance's shared electronic folders and web-based\nportal. Organize the electronic shared drive by archiving older files\nand update portal, in a logical manner to improve efficiency of access\nto key documents.
- Assist\nCompliance team in maintaining and capturing a comprehensive inventory\nof all Treasury policies and procedures, and provide support upon\npolicy issuance, revisions, and renewals.
- \n Track various compliance related metrics (compliance training,\nAnti-money laundering, etc.).
- Working towards\na Finance, Management or Law related degree.
- \n Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and\nPowerpoint.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: \n
- You MUST submit your\napplication for employment through GE Careers to be considered for\nthis position. (Internals via COS)
- \n You MUST have unrestricted authorization to work in the United\nStates.
- You MUST be willing\nto take a drug test as part of the selection process.
\n - You MUST be willing to submit to a background\ninvestigation as part of the selection process.
\n MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE\nFEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.. For U.S. employment opportunities, \n
GE hires U.S. citizens, permanent\nresidents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary\nresidence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization\n(F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status.\nExceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage\nof qualified candidates with a particular skill. GE will require proof\nof work authorization.
GE will only employ those who are legally\nauthorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of\nemployment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a\nbackground investigation and drug screen.
- Interest in the law \n
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills\n
- Good written and oral\ncommunication skills
- Project\nmanagement experience
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE\nABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT\nINSURANCE ACT.
Website : http://www.ge.com/
GE has a strong set of global businesses in infrastructure and finance aligned to meet today’s needs, including the demand for global infrastructure; growing and changing demographics that need access to healthcare, finance and information; and environmental technologies.