The PCAOB has an intern position available, assisting the Division of Enforcement and Investigations located in its New York City, NY office.
This role will provide support to the Division by assisting the Division's attorneys and accountants with the collection and analysis of financial and non-financial information, research, the organization of documents, and other areas related to investigating and bringing cases against registered accounting firms and their associated persons. In addition, you will assist the team on various projects on an as needed basis. You will be supervised by seasoned team members who are accountants.
* To collect and analyze financial and non-financial information.
* To conduct research using subscription database services and the Internet.
* To create reports for the use by the attorneys and accountants within the Division.
* To assist the attorneys and accountants with projects on an as needed basis.
* To perform other duties and special projects as needed.
* A student at an accredited university or college majoring in Accounting.
* Students will have completed at least one semester of intermediate accounting.
* Proficient with Microsoft software applications and use of the Internet.
* Able to organize and meet deadlines.
* A willingness to work as both as a team member and independently.
The PCAOB encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork, and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, and public interest focus in helping the PCAOB fulfill its mission.