Date: Feb 11, 2018
Location: La Crosse, WI, US
Requisition ID: ******
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
* 6 to 12 months
Anticipated Start Date:
* January 2018
* La Crosse, WI
Purpose & Objective of Position
The SAP Software Development Lab in La Crosse Wisconsin is looking for a highly motivated Intern to assist with development & testing of software in support of the Big Data products.
Our team has the mission to design and develop a massively scalable, multi-tenant aware and extremely fast solution to address Enterprise Big Data problems including Data Integration and Data Quality. We work on SAP Data Hub that delivers a comprehensive logical data and analytics platform with a complete suite of fully supported, solutions and technologies that can meet the needs of even the most sophisticated and demanding modern enterprise - on-premises, in the cloud, or within any hybrid scenario.
Our development team is in La Crosse, WI and we closely work with teams across the SAP development locations like Waldorf, Istanbul, Bangalore, Palo Alto etc.
This individual would work with other developers and software testers in the implementation and/or validation of requirements and features for these products.
Expectations & Tasks
Responsibilities will include:
* Development of internal tools for use by the team as needed.
* You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies in the field of Big Data, In-memory, UI5, and Cloud
* Must be able to interact with various aspects of the software lifecycle, including requirements, design, test planning, construction and validation
* Must have strong oral and written communication skills to support the capture and transfer of information with team members during the product development process
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where researching, learning, and the ability to take initiative is emphasized
Skills / Competencies
Qualified candidates must possess:
* Experience and/or course work using a modern programming language (HTML5, Java script/Nodejs, C preferred)
* High interest in big data scenarios and modern data warehouse and data management technologies
* Experience working in a team environment to complete projects and strong communication skills are required
Additional desired skills include:
* Knowledge in Kubernetes
* Knowledge in Hadoop (HDFS, YARN), its programming models (MapReduce, Spark), and its services such as Hive, HBase etc.
* Technical knowledge of security engineering, authentication and security protocols
* Current enrollment in a degree program related to the Software Engineering/IT/Development industry
* Completed a minimum of two undergraduate classes demonstrating programming knowledge/skills
* Available for a multi-semester internship
* Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters or PhD degree program in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
SAPS DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:**************************** or ****************************, APJ: *******************, EMEA: ***************). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: La Crosse
Nearest Secondary Market: Winona
Job Segment: Developer, Intern, Product Development, ERP, Technology, Entry Level, Research
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : https://www.ariba.com/
SAP Ariba is the world’s largest business commerce network. SAP Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world's largest Internet-based trading community to help companies discover and collaborate with a global network of partners. Using the Ariba® Network, businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time from any application or device to buy, sell and manage their cash more efficiently and effectively than ever before. Companies around the world use the Ariba Network to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver. Join us at: www.ariba.com