Oak Creek, WI, United States
The IT Intern – Business Applications will assist in maintaining and developing programs, code modifications, application administration, and day-to-day support under direct supervision. This position will work closely with senior developers and business analysts to understand programming and application requirements. This role will be responsible to modify, develop, test, implement, and support business applications. This individual will participate as a member of the Information Technology team to provide effective, efficient and innovative solutions in a fast-paced, team oriented environment. The IT Developer Intern will work under the direct supervision of senior IT team members to develop technical skills and to learn practices, applications and systems within the IT department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Modify existing applications, code new applications, and support those applications and systems.
• Assist with coding, testing, documenting, modifying, and debugging of applications, interfaces, scripts, reports, forms, and other programmable components of application systems.
• Respond to specifications developed by others and participate in end-user support as required.
• Adhere to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Change Management disciplines of IT to maintain appropriate levels of quality and to reduce risk in the operation of systems, equipment, and general business processing.
• Participate in, and contribute to “Strategic Initiative”, “Maintain the Business” and “Continuous Improvement” projects as a project team member and/or developer.
• Update existing project plans, create new project plans, and track progress of project tasks with assigned resources to record progress and identify risks to critical path.
• Assist with project planning, project updates, project status reports, resource allocation and resource leveling under the guidance of a project manager for larger projects.
• Support the IT team in various responsibilities as required.
• Multi-Tasking: Manage multiple incoming priorities effectively.
• Customer Focus: Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
• Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicate Effectively: Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Instill Trust: Gain the confidence and trust of others through honest, integrity and authenticity.
• Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Plans and Aligns: Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Action Oriented: Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Programming/Information Systems or related field with educational level coding experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Perl, C, C++, HTML, AJAX, Groovy, or similar programming languages; minimum sophomore standing at an accredited university.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Year-round availability (summer up to 40 hours/week) with a reliable mode of transportation.
• Basic understanding of relational database design and development techniques as well as conceptual understanding of developing applications in a client server and/or web environment preferred.
• Practical experience or exposure to Oracle or Microsoft development tools, Oracle or SQL-Server databases, ERP, PLM, BI, or CRM application suites, code repository version control, TOAD, iDeveloper, SQL Developer or related products a plus.
• Educational or workplace experience with relational database design and development, application development experience in client server, web, and/or business intelligence environment a plus.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent collaboration and communication (written, verbal, and visual) skills.
• Ability to manage timelines with a high desire to learn.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
The Master Lock Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual preference, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Master Lock Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.