GE Power Coatings Manufacturing Intern - Summer 2019
GE Power works in all areas of the energy industry with a full array of power generation, power conversion, energy delivery, biogas and alternative fuels; coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. We are solving some the most complex challenges across the globe. Candidates will have the opportunity to work with experienced engineers in the following areas: nuclear, gas engines, power generation products, power generation services, aeroderivatives, electrification, grid, and controls.
• As an intern you will work very closely with an experienced Thermal Barrier Coating Manufacturing Engineer to develop a deep understanding of the Coating process.
• Develop a basic understanding of robotic programming.
• Learn to use different technology such as White Light/Blue light/Flash Thermography and IR equipment.
• Develop an understanding of vacuum furnaces to be able to help trouble shoot issues.
• Work closely with the maintenance team to get your machines back up and running production.
• You will be responsible for supporting a team of experienced operators within the Coating department. You will work with this team to improve cycle time and reduce cost.
• You will work very closely with the product Design Engineers to help make their product better through improving the manufacturing process.
EMPLOYMENT DATES: May to August 2018 (Summer)
Must have one to two semesters left prior to graduation and be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an engineering discipline as listed below.
Following majors accepted: Aeronautical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Coatings Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Welding Engineering, Other Engineering
Must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (without rounding).
Must submit your application for employment through gecareers.com/campus interview to be considered
Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be able to develop and maintain good customer relationships
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Must be willing to work in geographical area specified by the business
Focus in material science / thermal spray
High attention to detail and accuracy
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Effective at managing multiple priorities under deadlines
Ability to plan communicate and execute
Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at ****EEO combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
United States; South Carolina; Greenville
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
General Electric Jobs