CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
RESP & QUALIFICATIONS
CareFirst is looking for a self-starter that can work independently with little direction. As a web design intern, you will be an integral part of CareFirst s marketing team. We are looking for candidates with a passion for learning and a desire to advance their knowledge. You will work closely with other members of the marketing team to create and maintain digital assets to support the CareFirst brand. Ideal candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, courtesy, and ethics. This position may include the following duties:
* Assisting in designing and developing web and email campaigns in compliance with CareFirst policies and procedures.
* Promoting and strengthening the CareFirst brand identity through digital marketing
* Creating and editing design, layout and coding of websites and pages.
* Developing wireframe designs, site architecture, and other user interface diagrams to demonstrate user flow and functionality.
* Researching industry competitors, new usability technologies, and user experience best practices. Attend meetings.
CareFirst is looking for someone who can commit to at least three days per week (up to 20 hours) during the spring semester, full-time is preferred in the summer. Candidates will be asked to provide their design portfolio (that may include print and web work).
* Must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university at either the junior/senior level, either at the graduate or undergraduate level
* GPA of 3.25 or above
* Majors: Web Design, Web Development, Digital Design, Communications Design, Graphic Design, or related field
* Intermediate skills using Adobe Suite (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Social Media, MS Office applications (PowerPoint and Excel) and on-line, internet/intranet tools and search engines
* Working knowledge of front-end coding preferred (HTML, CSS)
* Basic understanding of Bootstrap framework
* Basic understanding of web design best practices
* Strong analytical and information organization skills are essential
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Knowledge of responsive design, with a strong focus on mobile
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks
* Analytical skills and critical thinking
An interest in web design and front-end web development
Department: Creative Department
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
HIRE RANGE DISCLAIMER
The hire range posted is an annual rate. All intern positions will be paid hourly.
WHERE TO APPLY
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 5/25/2018
FEDERAL DISC/PHYSICAL DEMAND
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
SPONSORSHIP IN US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
CareFirst, Inc. is the not-for-profit, non-stock, parent company of CareFirst of Maryland, Inc. and Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc., affiliates that do business as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield. CareFirst, Inc. is governed by a Board of Directors and special statutes regulating its business in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and Northern Virginia.