The Veteran Student Services department has an internship opportunity for a Veteran Affairs (VA) work-study VA Educational Benefits Counselor with experience in student services, technical support and project work.
Working under the supervision of the Veteran Student Services Coordinator and the Veterans Associate, the benefits counselor will provide service to Veterans, Service members and their families using state, DoD, and / or federal VA educational benefits. Occasional assistance with department student events is needed.
• Must be currently receiving Veteran federal VA educational benefits (GI Bill).
• Must be enrolled in
¾ time during semesters they are contracted to work.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with and without direct supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Effective written and communication skills.
• Positive attitude with a strong focus on student service.
• This is a security sensitive position. Student must be able to commit to confidentiality compliance in accordance to federal and state regulations and
policies and procedures.
Working knowledge of:
-MS Office applications
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Please attach a copy of your semester schedule.
Total Hours per week
Hours worked may not exceed 25 hrs./wk. while classes are in session.
May work 40 hours when classes are not in session; such as, during Spring Break or in between semesters – not to exceed the maximum hours assigned by the VA each semester (Hours assigned are normally calculated at 25 x weeks in semester – 25×16 = 400).
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.