New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
ICG INTERN (JERSEY CITY)
NYLIM is looking for motivated and committed undergraduate student to join the Investment Consulting Group (“ICG”). The candidate should be able to commit to about 20 hours a week during school and then take on a full time role during the summer. The Intern will work under the supervision of professional staff and have the opportunity for a hands on learning experience in the mutual fund and investment industry.
· Collecting data on investment markets for use in analytic systems
· Monitoring regular system processes
· Production of mutual fund portfolio analytics reports
· Support the reporting and analytics needs of the ICG team’s analysts.
· Develop expertise in the mutual fund industry, specific fund families, various market sectors and corporate stewardship issues.
· Remain updated about latest trends in the mutual fund market industry
Profile and Skills
· Excellent organizational and computer skills (Proficient with MS Excel / PowerPoint)
· Ability to quickly learn new software and systems
· Knowledge of or interest in investments
· Ability to work with highly confidential situations and information
*This position will be full time in the summer with and part time in the fall semester.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please ****.