Micron Technology, Inc.
Relocation Level: No
Hiring Manager: Anil Tipirneni
Recruiter: Jordan Atnip
Job Title: Intern SSD Firmware Engineer: Part-Time
Duration: 1 year, starting as soon as possible
The role of the Intern Firmware Engineer is to work within a team that provides the technical capability in the creation and deployment of Firmware simulation models to the Micron's SSD product teams. The lifecycle of this responsibility is associated with the organization's memory component and product development life cycle and can range from product inception to obsolescence or any portion that is defined by specific assignments. Further, responsibility is to provide technical support to implement the development and quality assurance processes necessary to ensure that the simulation models consistently provides the required functionality, usability, quality/reliability, performance, and supportability to ensure Micron SSDs meet or exceed their design targets.
Product & Test Development
• SSD Products: Develop firmware IP subsystems for SSD products that meet or exceed the requirements of the technical spec matrix; including, but not limited to: Performance, Endurance, Capacity, Functionality, and Quality/Reliability.
• Firmware Quality Assurance: Develop a firmware functional integration test capability that ensures the firmware subsystem meets the quality, functional, and performance requirements required at each integration milestone in the product development
Technology & Process Development
• Firmware Quality Assurance Process: Develop and deliver a functional integrity test process that is capable of continuous improving pre-integration firmware quality, while reducing test time, and maintaining test cost.
• Firmware Development Process: Develop and deliver a cross-site firmware development process that is capable of continuously improving firmware quality while reducing firmware development cost.
• Communication: Proactively provide to management, cross-functional team members, and the firmware team consistent, detailed, and properly summarized information regarding activities within the firmware development organization and status of firmware development projects.
• Cross-functional Teamwork: Develop and maintain collaborative, transparent, and constructive relationships with peers and management.
• Team Development: Provide technical capability that continuously improves team involvement, morale, and productivity.
• Personal Development: Work to continuously improve your technical capability and communication skills.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
*Good programming skills: C, Python (preferred) *Solid understanding of RTOS concepts *Familiarity with Linux *Understanding of NAND memory operation *Ability to analyze problems, diagnose root cause, and apply corrective actions *Good communication, documentation, problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a team environment *Very good English verbal and written skills *The ability to work and maintain good relationships with fellow employees
Minimum of sophomore status in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran's status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
To request assistance with the application process, please contact Micron's Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 (or 208-368-4748).
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || SSD Engineering || Entry || Internship || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Micron Technology, Inc.
Website : http://www.micron.com/
For more than 30 years, Micron’s teams of dreamers, visionaries, and scientists have redefined innovation—designing and building some of the world’s most advanced memory and semiconductor technologies. We develop the technologies that transform what's possible. In fact, you likely use our memory every day—in products from computing, networking, and server applications, to mobile, embedded, consumer, automotive, and industrial designs. As one of the most prolific patent holders in the world we continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to bring innovation to broader markets and find ways our technology can inspire new applications or make fundamental improvements to existing designs. Our roots are in memory, the core strength of our business. As we look toward the future, we’ll continue to build on our past achievements by leveraging the synergies between our core memory business and diversified products and technologies that help drive innovation and growth in new markets.