Johns Creek, GA, United States
It, Marketing, Pr, Internship, Engineering
Technology Summer Internship Program','MAC13409','!*!ARE YOU…
• … interested in learning what it takes to run an eCommerce business?
• … eager to apply what you’ve learned in school in a fast-paced corporate environment?
• … someone who loves working with people and with technology?
• … a current undergraduate sophomore or junior interested in making a significant impact on the future of retail?
Then you may be a great fit for the Macy’s Technology Summer Internship Program!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Macy’s Technology Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with an opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in school in a real-world setting and explore a potential career within our organization. Over the summer, you’ll be assigned clearly defined projects, as well as be paired with a mentor in your department who will coach you as you execute on your deliverables and navigate a corporate environment.
We have internship opportunities across all areas of our tech and digital organization, including:
• Software Development
• Mobile Development
• User Interface (UI) / Front-end Development
• Performance Engineering
• Production Support
• Data as a Service
• Machine Learning
• Database Development
• Cloud Development
• Information Security
• Test Automation
Customer Experience Internships:
• Digital Production
• Site Merchandising
HOW TO JOIN:
Qualifications: Technology Internships
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathmatics, or related field
• Knowledge of programming languages (Java preferred), operating systems, and data processing
• Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (Agile preferred)
Qualifications: Customer Experience Internships
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
• Exposure to digital technology, content, and systems (retail preferred)
• Current undergraduate student with sophomore or junior standing, or who has at least one semester/quarter left to complete after the program
• Leadership experience, including strong communication skills and an aptitude for working in a team setting
• Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Self-motivated individuals, with a strong desire to learn and develop
• Interest or experience in retail
WHO WE ARE:
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc., Macy’s Technology is helping change the landscape of omni-channel retail. With locations in San Francisco, Georgia, and Ohio, Macy’s Technology is the best of all worlds: combining the entrepreneurial thinking of a start-up with the stability of an iconic national brand, Macy’s Technology is a place that supports innovation and is posed for continued growth.
At Macy’s Technology, we provide you with a collaborative, customer-focused environment in which you can impact business-critical initiatives and use cutting-edge technologies and innovations to perform your daily work. Also, we recognize that exposure to the right tools and resources is essential to your professional development. Macy’s Technology fosters an environment that encourages hands-on learning and leadership opportunities in order to help you grow as a professional and as a leader.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.','','United States-Georgia-Johns Creek','Information Technology (Internships)','Technology Summer Internship Program
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.