Philadelphia, PA, United States
Internship, Environmental, Engineering
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Environment and Sustainability group intern will have the responsibility of supporting the Senior Sustainability Manager and staff with sustainability program and reporting initiatives.
* Assist with preparation of the company’s annual submittal to the Carbon Disclosure Project.
* Assist with the development of the 2018 Sustainability Performance Scorecard template.
* Assist with fulfilling requests for information from internal and external stakeholders.
* Assist with maintenance of the Sustainability Program webpage.
* Conduct online and other forms of research to support development of documents and reports.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
*THIS POSITION BEGINS SUMMER/MAY2019
* Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree in Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Sustainable Development, Sustainability Leadership, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or another applicable discipline.
* Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
* Must have at least 1 year of academic undergraduate studies completed or a sophomore status
* Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week between the days/hours: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p
* Advanced experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Demonstrated skills using PC-based spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel, Access); Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
* Pursuing a Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, Sustainable Development, Sustainability Leadership, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or another applicable discipline.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Engineering; Safety & Security
Education Requirements:High School/GED
Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering; Safety & Security || Engineering
Website : https://www.amtrak.com
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.